We respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data. This policy explains how we use the information we collect about you. By submitting your information, you agree to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you join us as a member, take part in one of our campaigns, volunteer to be an activist, register to attend one of our events, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name plus contact data including email address/telephone numbers/social media profile ID.
We will only collect and retain relevant and essential data.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT DATA ABOUT YOU
We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect your name, salutation, age and country of residence when you submit a form on our website. Third-party services
Third-party links outside of our control:
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.We store our data in the European Union.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
· To answer your queries when you get in touch with us via the website or direct email. We will then ask you to provide your name and email address. We use this information to reply to your enquiry. We do not pass on your personal information to third-party companies unless it is required to solve your enquiry and will ask your permission before we do so.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
4. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may have to share your personal data with external third parties, when you attend meetings and events at certain locations/ offices. If we run an event in partnership with another named organisation (e.g. a venue) we will also share information to enable it to report to its funders and inform its audience development strategy. Any data shared for these purposes will be in an anonymised and aggregated form.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data.These include the right to:
· find out how we process your personal data
· request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate
· obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data
· withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data
· obtain a copy of your personal information which we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will respond as soon as possible and in any event within a month.If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
8. QUESTION AND CONTACT INFORMATIONIf you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information please contact the Data Protection Officer, who is responsible for data protection, as below: